Signalboost lets activists use Signal to send text blasts and receive hotline tips without revealing their identity or spending money. It is secure, focused, and free.
- Signalboost sends messages over Signal, the most secure encrypted messaging service available for phones.
- It does not display phone numbers or names. People can send and receive messages without sharing their identity and be safer if anyone's phone is stolen or seized.
- Signalboost retains the minimal user metadata necessary to route messages. Its maintainers, team-friendo, will resist any attempt to compel us disclose it, and are working on updates make such disclosure impossible.
- Signalboost is for 1-way messaging only. Admins can send announcements to large groups, or receive and reply to hotline messages from anyone. That's it.
- Signalboost does not allow subscribers to send messages to each other. This cuts out cross talk endemic to large Signal or WhatsApp groups.
- It tries to solve one problem and solve it well. This makes it easier to know what it's for amidst a dizzying sea of tech tools!
- We are making this software for people's collective liberation, not for profit. We do not charge money for it and never will.
Try joining a channel:
Send HELLO to +1-938-222-9889 to join our Signalboost playground channel.
Send HELP to see the commands you can use and GOODBYE to leave.
Get your own channel:
Send a Signal message to +1-947-800-5717 that includes a name for the channel and the phone numbers of at least 2 admins. (You can remember that as: 947 BOOST IT!)
You will receive a welcome message as soon as your channel is created.
You can also write team-friendo with support questions at any time on this channel , and we will do our best to respond promptly.
Once you have a channel:
- There will be a Signal phone number associated with your channel. Anytime you send an announcement to your channel's phone number, anyone who is subscribed will get the announcement.
- Your friends can subscribe to announcements by sending a Signal message to your channel phone number that says "HELLO." ("HOLA", "SALUT", or "HALLO" also work!) They can unsubscribe by sending "GOODBYE." ("ADIÓS", "AREVOIR", or "TSCHÜSS" also work!)
- You can convert the channel into a hotline by sending a message that says "HOTLINE ON" to channel number.
- Signalboost speaks English, Spanish, French, and German. Each user can specify their own personal language preference by sending a message with the name of the language they want to use to the channel. (E.g., to change the channel language to Spanish, you would send "ESPAÑOL.")
- All users can send a message to the channel that says "HELP" to list all command options or "INFO" to learn basic information about the channel.
- Check out the FAQ or How-To Manual
- Try out commands by Signal-messaging the playground channel at:+1-938-222-9889
- Talk to us directly by Signal-messaging our support channel at: +1-947-800-5717 (That's "947 BOOST IT!")
- Send us an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Find our PGP key here.)
- Visit our gitlab page to read our source code and code of conduct, request a new feature, report a bug, or become a contributor!