Signalboost lets activists use Signal to send text blasts and receive hotline tips on their phones without revealing their identity or spending money.
It is secure, simple, and free.
- Signalboost sends messages over Signal, the most secure encrypted messaging service available for phones.
- It does not display phone numbers or names. People can send and receive messages without sharing their identity -- and feel safer if anyone's phone is stolen.
- Signalboost retains the minimal user metadata necessary to route messages. Its maintainers, Team Friendo, will resist any attempt to compel us disclose it, and are working on updates make such disclosure impossible.
- Signalboost is for 1-way messaging only. Admins can send announcements to large groups and receive hotline tips from anyone. That's it.
- It does not allow subscribers to send messages to each other. This cuts out cross talk endemic to large Signal or WhatsApp groups.
- It tries to solve one problem and solve it well. This makes it easier to know what it's for amidst a dizzying sea of tech tools!
- We are making this software for people's collective liberation, not for profit. We do not charge money for it and never will.
To get a Signalboost channel:
- Send a Signal message to +1-938-444-8536.
- Include a name for the channel and the phone numbers of all admins.
- You will receive a welcome message as soon as your channel is created.
Once you have a channel:
- There will be a signal phone number associated with your channel. Anytime you send a message to it, anyone who is subscribed will get that message.
- People can subscribe to announcements by sending a Signal message to this phone number that says "HELLO", "HOLA" or "ALLÔ" and leave by sending "GOOBYE", "ADIÓS" or "ADIEU."
- Signalboost speaks English, French and Spanish and everyone can choose which language they want to use for commands and notifications. Send a Signal message to the channel that says "HELP" to see the command options.
- You can convert the channel into a hotline by sending a message that says "RESPONSES ON" to your channel number.